Fun and special alternative office Christmas party ideasPosted on - 14th Dec, 2017 |
2017 is speeding by and Christmas Day is creeping ever closer on the calendar; which means it’s time to start planning your Christmas party for 2017. Here are some suggestions for the type of party you might have.
1. Ugly Sweater Party
Here we are talking about Christmas sweaters in horrible shades such as red, green, purple and brown. The one your grandma buys you every year and once Christmas is over you will throw into the wardrobe and forget it.
Dig out those sweaters because this year’s theme is “Embrace the Ugliness”
Every person is instructed to wear a sweater to the party. If they didn’t make it, then give them a sweater you have in your hand, a pair of reindeer ears or embarrassing prop for good measure.
Decorate the room with fun decorations and offer a reward for the most impressive sweater.
2. Winter Wonderland Christmas Party
For those who are born in the southern hemisphere, there’s something magical about a white Christmas, where the whole surroundings are covered in snow. You can enjoy bright scarves, ice skating, hot chocolate and more.
Decorate your party area to look like a wintery one; ice sculptures, glittering snowflakes, fairy lights, and cuddly polar bears all around.
Drinks – serve icy vodka cocktails and delicious, warming mulled wine. Food must be warm and festive.
This wonderland is an interesting theme if you live in the southern hemisphere and the Christmas function occurs over the height of summer. Guests should dress in their best winter season gear– scarves, gloves, and hats are essential.
3. Nightmare before Christmas Party
- It is one of the favorite themes
- Dress up the room with black and white tinsel, skulls and skeletons in santa hats
- Decorate balloons to look like Jack Skellington
- Play songs from Tim Burton’s movies along with Halloween classics such as “Superstitious” and “The Monster Mash”
- Food – try authentic English food
- Hot dogs and burgers
- Homemade scones
- Bangers and mash
- Roast meats
4. Santa’s Workshop Christmas Party
Get a person in your office to wear a Santa suit usually someone will be willing. Everyone gets a picture with Santa – as the night goes on, the images will get sillier and sillier.
It’s fun to supply a few props to make photographs even more interesting.
Elf workstations have different activities that should be either aimed at team building or a test of the employee’s creativity.
This theme also provides a huge opportunity for a team to help a worthy cause such as,
- Supply food for charity hampers
- Helping to wrap some presents
Christmas Party Games
Christmas movie trivia
- Some printable movie trivia sheets that has a Christmas Story trivia and general Christmas movie trivia
- Everyone thinks they know their Christmas movies, so this game will really get them exicited
Two truths and a lie
- Each one in a group gets a turn
- Tell the group 3 things about yourself two will be true and the other one will be a lie
- Mix it up when each turn arrives – alternate between truth-lie-truth, truth-truth-lie, and lie-truth-truth
- Everyone in the group has an opportunity to guess which one is false
- Then the person reveals which one is false
An effective way to know your co-workers better and moreover you will have a few laughs in this process.
Funny employee awards
Create some funny certificates or awards for everyone in the office.
For example: Give this certificate for the person who made most coffee in the morning or someone who uses up all the printer paper every time they print?
A clever way to have a laugh while recognising hard work.
These parties and games are our suggestions to make your Christmas festivities more interesting. Why not try them out to make your Christmas sweeter? Share your sweet moments with us in the comments section, or maybe you have an alternative suggestion?