SEO Services BirminghamPosted on - 10th Nov, 2017 |
What is organic SEO?
Organic search engine optimisation, or SEO for short, refers to the methods used to obtain a better ranking in search engine results pages.
This is a method of entering one or a more search items, in a single data string into a search engine. The results of the search appear on search engine results pages ranked according to the relevance to the terms entered.
What is organic ranking?
This is the order in which the results appear on the listings on the search engines results pages because of their relevance to searched term.
Difference between organic and paid search?
Organic is based on natural rankings determined by search engine algorithms and optimised with various SEO practices.
Paid – one must pay for the website to be displayed on search engine results pages, usually at the top) when someone types a specific keyword (search term).
Benefits of organic SEO
High ROI – offers elevated level of ROI when compare to other form of marketing
Targeted traffic – With organic the visitors, you bring to the website are likely to be actively searching for your services and products
Cost effective – SEO is recognised as one of the most cost-effective cost channels
Long term results – offers long term rankings and traffic on search engine results pages compared to, but PPC which offers short term results.
Higher brand creditability – People always trust the 1st page listings in Google as they are usually reputed companies, by performing SEO your website becomes a brand name. You are the guy that competitors want to beat.
Increase website referrals – you will gain more website referrals from search engines. Your website visitors are the ones to refer your website to their friends. Strong SEO grows referrals, figuratively.
Gain your market share – If you are first on the first page, your customers never notice the other alternatives. Unless they scroll to page 10 of Google. We all know that will not happen because 75% of users never scroll past the first search engine result page.
Organic SEO best practices
Tip 1: High quality content
- Provide actionable guidance
- Longer articles rank higher in Google
- Find proven posts on social media with attractive backlinks
- Find top 10 sites for your keywords, Analyse those sites content and make some changes in your content
Tip 2: Keywords Research
- You can use Pinterest and Ubersuggest tool
- Use google keyword tool – if you enter a keyword in suggestions, they will list bulk keyword options
- Type your main keyword in search engine results and check suggestions offered by Google in instant results
- Also if you scroll at bottom of Google’s search results page, you can see search related queries
- Focus on high search volume
- Take long tail keywords yield you more traffic and conversion
Tip 3: Unique Titles and Description
- Each post should have unique title and description
- Ensure you don’t have any duplicates
Tip 4: Proper sitemap
- Crucial factor in SEO. Helps Google to crawl pages and index your website
- If your website developed in WordPress, you can generate a sitemap using a plugin Yoast
- Once you created, you need to submit your sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools
Tip 5: Website Speed
- Major ranking signal. Research shows that if a website loads in more than 2 seconds you will lose visitors
- Every second of delay, the chances of clicking the back button are increasing
- Using Google page speed test, you can sort out issues – https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
Tip 6: Consistently add fresh content
- Add unique fresh content on a regular basis because this gives more authority and a higher ranking in search results (every 3 months once)
- This informs Google that you are maintaining your website
Tip 7: Optimise images
- Images must have alt tags
- Descriptions and captions are also important
- Search engine and users know when an image doesn’t load
Tip 8: Use what works for your competitors
- Spy on your competitors on social media and everywhere else
- You can learn a lot of new techniques
- If you grab all top links of your competitors, then you can beat them
- Try to replicate their backlinks
- Use trusted tools like Ahrefs and Majestic
Tip 9: Highlight data on Google webmaster tools
- By highlighting, you help Google to understand the website better
- It also helps to display prices, reviews, ratings along with your rich snippet
- This also increase the chances of getting a Google knowledge card featuring the website
- You will find this option in Google webmaster, on the highlighter page, simply click and drag your mouse over website’s title and choose title
- Do the same thing for author, date, image, ratings, etc.
- Once you have done this, Google will be able to better recognise your data
We have discussed important organic best SEO practices to gain more traffic and conversion. Organic SEO doesn’t give results overnight. If you perform it in the right way, in the long run, then you will get to see the benefits.
We always give preference to website traffic and conversion more than targeting keywords.
If you think of anything we have missed, just share it in the comment section below.
Feel free to discuss with our SEO Professional Experts, Call – 0121 66 66 534